Feeling unwanted in the place you’re living is one of the most stressful feelings I’ve experienced. If I could, I’d be anywhere but here. This is not a home, its a house where people yell at each other over nonsensical things like food, time, and taking out the trash. Why not just address each other like human beings?
Bah, being too scared to come out of the room to use the bathroom and being triggered with all the yelling the day before I start a new job is not bueno.
At least I’ll be gone for most of the day from now on so limited interaction with the future in-law will occur and I won’t have to hear things like Get out of my house, or hear things being thrown about when dinner isn’t takeout.
HOW THE HECK DOES A CVS PHARMACY IN THE MIDDLE OF A NEIGHBORHOOD POPULATED BY SENIORS RUN OUT OF VESICARE?????? SERIOUSLY?????
Time to switch to Walgreens, yo.
Paleo Banana Bread
After starting the paleo diet, I started craving the exact foods I wasn’t allowed to eat. This is my first attempt EVER at making bread, and it turned out awesome!! I was extremely worried that my lack of experience would result in a brick of hard banana bread. But it wasn’t anything like that at all! In fact, it was perfectly moist and delicious to pair with some raw honey or almond butter. My kitchen was filled with the aroma of bananas as well.
- 2 1/2 cups of mashed bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (can use grass-fed butter as well)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (can use almond flour as well)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the bananas, eggs, almond butter, and oil into a bowl and mix well. I was lazy and used a food processer :3
- Once you have combined all the ingredients, add in the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and see salt. Mix well
- Pour the mixture into a 9x5 loaf pan and spread it evenly through. If you need to grease the pan, please do so before pouring in the mixture
- Place in oven and bake for 35 minutes and start checking by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, it is ready. The total baking time should run from 40 - 60 minutes (if you want to make muffins, mini - 25 minutes and normal - 30 minutes)
- Remove from oven, and flip the bread out onto a cooling rack
- Slice and enjoy!
Yum yum yum yum yum yum
(Source: happychomp, via get-motivation)
Im super excited about being part of the DCPS contingent at Capital Pride this year! I had to choose between being part of the Planned Parenthood, GW alumni, or DCPS, and my final choice was DCPS! A teammate and I will be repping Browne EC and we’re planning to use lots of glitter.
A Look Back:
These are photos from CYDC’s opening day. My team had been together for about a month at this point and so we were still in the early stages of getting to know each other. This year has been one of the hardest, but I wouldn’t have made it through without the support of my team and program manager. These are friendships for life. Let’s rock our last week!
Allyson (Miss Allllyyyy)
Brian (Bri-Bri or Fly-Bri, depending on the day)
Debarshi (Dev Dev)
Justin (Justina The Diva)
John (John Gass (his whole name is just awesome)
Leah (Leah T-H-I-R-kill)
Me (Asha-lay-lay or Ashley Glomez)
PM: Kristen (Boss Lady!)
I love you all.
“So my amazing daughter, Emma, turned 5 last month, and I had been searching everywhere for new-creative inspiration for her 5yr pictures. I noticed quite a pattern of so many young girls dressing up as beautiful Disney Princesses, no matter where I looked 95% of the “ideas” were the “How to’s” of how to dress your little girl like a Disney Princess…We chose 5 women (five amazing and strong women), as it was her 5th birthday but there are thousands of unbelievable women (and girls) who have beat the odds and fought (and still fight) for their equal rights all over the world”
- Jaime Moore, Not Just a Girl
One day, I’ll be back in a classroom and I’ll do this with all my students :)
Men with glasses are my weakness. Hence the choice of boyfriend for the past 4.6 years (as seen above). When we’re apart, I find myself scrolling through his facebook photos and smiling whenever I see him looking especially nerdy.